Ads 468x60px

Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Choc-Chip Cookies *New Recipe*


I had my flour, leftover brown sugar and remaining choc-chips begging to be put to good use while I was "spring-cleaning" the pantry. I wasn't keen on baking cookies again because the first cookie recipe always make giant size cookies no matter how many times I modified it. They're too large that they won't fit in an ordinary lunchbox.

I bought this bargain cookbook at DFO one day called "Comfort Food: Recipes to soothe, cheer, reassure and indulge" not the cookbook by the masterchef guy, Gary. It had very simple recipes including choc-chip cookies. But the photo shows those cookies looking hard and crunchy like those biscuits you find in a supermarket. I'm the cookie type who prefers soft, chewy cookies.

This time I didn't care cos I wanted to clear my pantry.

Choc-Chip Cookies
Makes 14

INGREDIENTS
215g plain flour, sifted
1tsp baking powder
115g butter
125g brown sugar
50g caster sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
1 egg
115g Choc-chips (Or chocolate of your choice eg. M&Ms)

METHOD
1 Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius

2 Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until they are thoroughly combined. (use your hands to knead if necessary)

3 Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper, spacing them well apart to allow spreading during cooking

4 Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. (Or until the cookies no longer look moist)

5 Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.

Only 5 steps!

I had a 2 hour uni break between lectures and I drove back home (5 mins away) and made those cookies. I finished them in over an hour. Mixing them took me 30 mins.

Whats even better is that the cookies weren't hard and crunchy at all. They were just the way I like them! Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside~ AND they're normal sized too unlike my giant ones.

So my bargain cookbook was worth more my $$$$$ after all.

Irresistible cookies! (No not my 100 free paintballs voucher...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment